Here is the recipe I promised you earlier... chocolate orange brownies!!
3/4 butter substitute
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan, melt unsweetened chocolate squares and butter substitute. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine applesauce and sugar. Stir in melted chocolate mixture and orange extract.
4. Mix in flour until just combined.
5. Pour into a prepared 13 x 9 baking dish and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Allow to cool. Slice into 12 squares and then cut each square in half diagonally. Dust with powdered sugar. Makes 24 brownies.
Enjoy! :) Let me know what you all think! They turned out pretty fudgey and delicious, and I even added 1 cup too little of sugar (it was supposed to be two cups!) Try it out!