The other day I stumbled upon something delicious.
Something sweet without sugar. Something with cinnamon and vanilla and raisins.
And it tastes like cookie dough!
What could it be? My Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Bars, of course! And they could be made raw in a SNAP. They are already almost raw.
Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite kind of cookie, and when my mom suggested making something similar to a Larabar, I decided to make my favorite cookie flavor. It’s healthy for you too, because there is no added sugar whatsoever in the dough.
Prepare to be dazzled!
10 pitted Medjool dates
1 c. raw cashews
¾ c. raisins
½ c. quick cook oatmeal (just sub raw oats here to make this recipe raw, or gluten free oats for a GF recipe!)
½ t. cinnamon
½ t. vanilla extract
1. In a food processor, pulse dates and ½ c. raisins until they turn into puree.
2. Add cashews and blend until both date mixture and cashews are combined, and cashews have been blended into little tiny pieces.
3. Add oatmeal, cinnamon, and vanilla and blend until combined.
4. Dump mixture into a bowl and mix in remaining ¼ c. raisins.
5. Dump mixture into a parchment lined square 8x8 pan and press firmly until mixture is flat and pressed together. Slice into six rectangles.
6. Place in refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes. Enjoy!
What is your favorite type of Larabar?