But mostly fruit preserves.
They are so good! Plus, they are so much better for you than store bought preserves. And much, much fresher. And tastier.
So I've been experimenting with making different kinds of fruit preserves this week, and so far, this acai berry preserves has been my favorite!
Acai Berry Preserves
1 pint blueberries
1 pint blackberries
1 1/2 Tbsp. Ball no/low sugar fruit pectin
1/3 c. Acai berry juice
1/4 c. evaporated cane syrup
1. Dump blueberries and blackberries into a small bowl and mash with a potato masher until all fruit is mashed.
2. Place mashed fruit and acai berry juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil.
3. Stir in fruit pectin. Return to a rolling boil.
4. Add evaporated cane syrup and stir. Return to a rolling boil.
5. Remove from heat and pour into two half pint mason jars.
6. If using right away, just place in fridge and allow to cool. It will last for three weeks. If you are saving this for a gift or for later use, leave 1/4 in. space in the jar and place jar in boiling water, making sure the top of the jar is covered in 1-2 inches of water. Bring water to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. Turn off stove, empty water from pot, and allow jars to stand for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and store for up to 1 year!