Are you ready to watch my first EVER cooking video?!
As part of the FoodBuzz Tastemaker's Program, I was recently selected to receive a FREE Flip HD Video Camera and a selection of Newman's Own products! I was then to make a five minute cooking video using Newman's Own products and my new camera! How awesome is that!
Note: two of the products weren't vegan (caesar and italian dressings), but that's okay! I gave them to my parents to enjoy! I also received their Light Raspberry and Walnut Vinaigrette, Cabernet Marinara, and Tomato & Basil Marinara sauces, as well as a coupon for free pizza (also gave to my parents!)
I have to say, this is probably the COOLEST video camera I have ever seen. It has the brand engraved on the front of the camera!! Love it. The camera was really easy to use, and the Flip Video editing program that you can download for free was really easy to use. Although, to be honest, I used a different program to edit my video. It took like, five hours to make. But it was worth it, I think! Watch it below! Pretty please!
The Newman's Own products were delicious as well. I used the Light Raspberry&Walnut Vinaigrette in my video, and it was so sweet and fruity and delicious! I haven't yet tried the marinara sauces, but I'm really excited to try to Cabernet Marinara because I've never seen it before!
Here is the recipe for my Southwest Raspberry BBQ Bruschetta!
Southwest Raspberry BBQ Bruschetta
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
2 c. diced tomatoes
1 c. dice red onion
1 14oz. block of tofu that has been pressed and diced into 1'' cubes
1 T. vegan BBQ sauce of choice
1/2 c. Newman's Own Light Raspberry&Walnut Vinaigrette
1 multigrain baguette
2 T. olive oil
1. In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, and tofu.
2. In a small bowl, combine BBQ sauce and Newman's Own dressing.
3. Pour marinade over tofu mixture and stir until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in fridge to marinate while you toast your bread.
4. Line a baking sheet with you multigrain baguette, which should be sliced into 1/2'' - 1'' slices.
5. In a small bowl, combine olive oil and some salt and pepper (to taste). Using a brush, spread some oil on each slice of bread. Place under broiler to toast until golden brown for just a couple minutes. Watch this so it doesn't burn!!
6. Remove toast from oven and transfer to a serving platter. Remove tofu mixture from fridge.
7. Spoon tofu mixture over each slice of bread. Ta-da! Delicious!
Sorry there are no pictures.. I forgot... BUT you can now WATCH MY FIRST EVER COOKING VIDEO to see what it looks like! (And meet my puppy!)
(P.S. - have you entered my Manna Bread giveaway yet?!) IT ENDS TODAY!!!