I totally invented this recipe only because I had chickpea flour in my cupboard and I didn't know what to do with it.
And I like curry.
So these babies were born! And the lemon garlic dipping sauce TOTALLY makes the whole thing.
P.s. Don't taste the batter before you cook it. GROSS. But it tastes good once it's cooked! =D
2 c. chickpea flour
1/2 t. dried rosemary
1 T. curry powder
2 t. crushed garlic
1-2 T. lemon juice
1/2 t. black pepper
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 c. water (or vegetable broth)
1 1/4 t. Ener-G egg replacer (or cornstarch)
Extra virgin olive oil for frying
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
2. Heat about 1 T. olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Spoon batter into about 1 1/2 inch balls. Flatten slightly. Place in hot skillet.
4. Cover with a lid and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Flip falafel to the other side and fry until golden brown.
5. Remove from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels. Allow to cool.
Lemon Garlic Dipping Sauce
3 T. Earth Balance Mindful Mayo (or any vegan mayo)
1 t. diced garlic
1 1/2 t. lemon juice
1. Mix until combined.
2. Spoon onto falafel and enjoy!
What is your favorite food made with chickpeas?Much love,