Soft Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
1/2 c. Earth Balance buttery spread
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. powdered sugar
3/4c. pumpkin puree
1/2 t. baking powder
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 T. cornstarch
Dash of salt
Pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin puree and vanilla and mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Place tablespoon size balls of dough on baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. If you wish, you can press three pumpkin seeds onto each cookie. You could also press a hole in the top of each cookie with your finger and fill with pumpkin butter if you wish!
5. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
These cookies are just lightly pumpkin flavored and delicious. Slightly spongy and very moist. Try them out for yourself!
What is your favorite kind of cookie?