So many questions! Here are my resolutions for the year!
1. Drink 1 glass of green juice every day
2. Spend 15 minutes with God every day
3. Work out 3x a week – even if only for 10 or 15 minutes
4. Passing Daisies – 10,000 views a month
5. Eat 2 pieces of fruit daily
I'm not sure exactly how some of those will work. For example, green juice. Since I live in a dorm, i don't have a juicer. I have been buying bottles of Bolthouse Farms Green Goodness fruit smoothie recently, but that can get expensive. I'll buy a large bottle before returning to school, but what happens when that is gone?!
I did get my own Cuisinart Compact Portable Blender/Chopper for Christmas, which I plan on using frequently in my dorm room to make smoothies. Perhaps I can simply swipe some spinach and broccoli from the caf and throw it in with some fruit and juice or almond milk for a smoothie!
Working out will be a little sketchy too... but hopefully I can keep up!
Now... time for a delicious cookie recipe that is colorful and full of fun... funfetti, that is! This cookie tastes just like funfetti cake mix! Try it out for yourself!
Makes 2-3 dozen
1/2 c. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
3/4 cup evaporated cane juice
1/4 c. rice milk
1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
2 t. vanilla extract
1 T. cornstarch
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
3 T. sprinkles of choice
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream Earth Balance and sugar. Add rice milk and vanilla and combine.
3. Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Divide dough in half and place each half on a large piece of plastic wrap. Form dough into logs and cover in the wrap. Place in fridge to firm up for at least 2 hours.
5. Remove logs from plastic wrap and roll in more sprinkles if desired. Coat every part of the log with sprinkles.
6. Slice dough into 1/2'' slices and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the bottoms are a light golden brown. Allow to cool completely.