Have you entered my Whirlybird Granola GIVEAWAY yet?! It ends at 11:59PM FRIDAY! Go enter while you still can!
Hey loves! Welcome to another WIAW! This week, I'm also bring you a new DIY project - an idea board! Because I easily forget things, I wanted a place where I could put things I wanted to make or new recipe ideas for the blog, and this is what I came up with.
But first, it's WIAW time! I had a lot of salad this week...
The family I am currently nannying for leaves lots of healthy food in their fridge for healthy lunches, so I've been eating a lot of salads with lean meat. The bottom picture is spaghetti from Maggianos, and the picture on the right is raspberry hot chocolate! Yum.
What healthy meals have you eaten this week?
Okay, on to the DIY IDEA BOARD!!!!
Isn't it so cute?! And it's very easy to make, too.
A cork board
5-6 pieces of scrapbook paper
Modge Podge (gloss)
A foam brush
A hot glue gun & glue sticks
Mini clothes pins
1. Rip your scrapbook paper into small pieces. Using the foam brush and modge podge, glue the paper to the cork board. You will want to put glue on the cork board, then put your paper down, then put more glue on top. Arrange your paper in an artsy, random order. Glue unto the board is covered in paper. Allow to dry.
2. Take your lace and cut a board for the top of your board. Hot glue it in place.
3. Cut 3 strips of twine and hot glue on top of the lace (see picture above).
4. Hot glue 3 strips of twine across the body of the board (to hang your ideas on).
5. To hide the hot glue holding the twine in place, hot glue on top of the twine edges, then take another strip of twine, stick it in the glue, and swirl it to make a decorative twine spiral. Do this wherever you have hot glue showing that you want to hide.
6. When the glue has dried, take clothes pins and hang up your ideas! Ta-da!
Like I said, easy peasy. From start to finish this took me a couple of hours to make.
That's all for today! What DIY projects would YOU like to see on Passing Daisies?!